Sorry folks there aren't really any naked ladies in this post.
Oh dear, I see that the ever tolerant lefties, atheists and gayers have got their panties in a bunch about that nice old nazi, Pope Ratzinger coming to the UK. Funny, but I don't recall these people making any fuss when some swivel eyed, loony from the ROP comes over here spouting anti women and anti-gay values, especially the Southall Black Sisters (not sure if this is a motown trio or some racist, anti-white gang) or The Richmond upon Thames LGBT Forum (their web site is awsome, I am tempted to join just for the bingo night) or the Gay & Lesbian Humanist Association. I hesitate to suggest that these people know that if they protest against the Pope they are in little physical danger but that they are too cowardly to protest against the peaceful ones.So let's have a look at what the supporters of this mass outbreak of righteous indignation believe is wrong with Catholicism, surely this will tell us why they see fit to protest the Pope but not islam.
Members of the campaign agree the following view:
That the Pope, as a citizen of Europe and the leader of a religion with many adherents in the UK, is of course free to enter and tour our country.
Well that's very kind of you but I don’t think it is up to you who comes to this country.
However, as well as a religious leader, the Pope is a head of state and the state and organisation of which he is head has been responsible for:
- opposing the distribution of condoms and so increasing large families in poor countries and the spread of AIDS. But muslims aren't breeding like rabbits at all.
- promoting segregated education. Whereas the ROP merely believes women should not be educated at all.
- denying abortion to even the most vulnerable women. Couldn't find a definitive view on this. Suffice to say some women will be stoned for having abortions and some will be stoned for not having them, probably.
- opposing equal rights for lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender people - under islam of course there is no question of rights, it's merely a matter of which method of stoning to use.
- failing to address the many cases of abuse of children within its own organisation. - Whereas the forced marriage of girls as young as 9 or ten to dirty old muslims is just fine.
- rehabilitating the holocaust denier bishop Richard Williamson and the appeaser of Hitler, the war-time Pope, Pius XII. Because of course there are no muslim holocaust deniers.
As a head of state, the Pope is an unsuitable guest of the UK government and should not be accorded the honour and recognition of a state visit to our country. Er, no. As head of state he is the most appropriate person for the UK government to invite. Or do this lot think we should have invited his toilet cleaner instead?
So there you have it. The bigoted atheist, feminist and gay lobbies will protest the Pope because at the end of the day what's the worst that can happen? I dare say that if push comes to shove his venerable Josephness will forgive them and offer prayers for their souls. But don't expect these yellow belly protesters to do anything but hide when a muslim says gays should be stoned, or women are merely possessions.
Just so you know I am not catholic and I don't give a stuff whether the Pope visits the UK or not. I strongly disagree with most of what the catholic church says and does but each to his own.
As for my own religious leanings, some friends and I have our own religion. We worship trees and flowers and naked women, we don't usually bother with the trees and flowers though. We pray and sing and dance with the naked women, we usually give the songs and prayers a miss to be honest.