Wednesday, March 24, 2010

They just didn't get it


I sent the email below to the 1 Blog 1 Tree people

Dear Sir

I was directed to your blog recently. I am very interested in your 1 blog 1 tree scheme, however before proceeding I have a few questions which I hope you can answer for me.

1 I recently planted some shrubs in my front garden at home, namely 1 small Mug tree and a medium size Shoe tree, I also have a well established and large Family tree. Could you let me know whether the carbon absorption of these would be sufficient to offset an average blog?

2 If every blog on the internet planted a tree would we be in danger of removing too much carbon dioxide from the atmosphere?

3 It has been suggested to me that your blog is in fact a scam and that rather than spending the money on actually planting trees it is spent on rent boys.I would be grateful if you would confirm or deny this.

I look forward to your response.

Bert Rodinsky


This is the reply I received


Dear Bert,

thanks for your interest in the "My blog is CO2 neutral" campaign.

1. Unfortunately, no precise answer is possible. The carbon dioxide absorption of a tree can differ a lot. The amount of carbon dioxide that a tree can absorb depends on the type of tree, light exposure, length of the vegetation period, latitude, water balance, and the soil conditions. There are many different calculations for the saving potential of a tree. The assumed values vary between 10 and 30kg (20 and 70lb.) for a tree each year.

The atmosphere can be relieved by an average of 5kg (11lb.) carbon dioxide every year by planting one tree. An average blog causes 3.6kg (8lb.) of carbon dioxide emissions. Consequently, a tree neutralises the carbon dioxide emissions of a blog.

2. No. Trees reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, but a lesser concentration of carbon dioxide leads conversely to a reduced growth of plants.

3. Our project "Make your blog carbon neutral" is an active contribution to help the environment. The trees are planted in Plumas National Forest in Northern California by “Arbor Day Foundation” our partner in US for the “My blog is carbon neutral” initiative.
The trees will be planted in the next month by the Arbor Day Foundation. For more information about how and where the trees are planted, see our NEWS section http://www.kaufda.de/umwelt/carbon-neutral/what-we-do/

I hope I could answer all the questions to your satisfaction.

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Best
Christin

So is it that the Germans really don't get the British sense of humour or is it that all warmists are just humourless bastards?

No comments:

Post a Comment