Monday, March 15, 2010

Robin crapped on my patio

The Managing director of Slim-Fast Mr I.M. Skinnytwat today denied that the building of several new Slim-Fast production facilities in the US had caused the alarming decline in songbirds weight. He claimed that although many of the new facilities were built directly below the flight-paths of migratory songbird species and weight loss in these species was mere coincidence and in no way related to the companies wonderful products.

Can you believe this ?

Oh come on people a weight difference of 130mg over 46 years!! It couldn't be that scales are a little more accurate today than they were in the 1960s then?

And another thing. I did a scientific study of the robin that lives in my back garden and he definitely weighs less after he has crapped on my patio that he did before. About 130mg less probably.

I think it is very brave of Dr Josh Van Buskirk, Mr Robert Mulvihill and Mr Robert Leberman to put their names to this nonsense, spun as it may by by the always impartial BBC. If I was going to produce crap like this I would hide behind a pseudonym like Bert Rodinsky or something.

H/T The Inspirational Mr North

3 comments:

  1. I expect that they sourced it from here

    http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm


    ...billion homeless, billions face risk, billions of deaths, bird distributions change, bird loss accelerating, bird strikes, bird visitors drop, birds confused, birds decline (Wales), birds driven north, birds face longer migrations, birds return early, birds shrink, bittern boom ends, blackbirds stop singing, blackbirds threatened,...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!! Spacify offers modern patio tables, metal outdoor furniture and outdoor Patio Tables in contemporary style for your garden, deck and poolside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/39945-global-warming-now-it-hits-brothels

    from the link posted by Banned.

    ReplyDelete