Friday, May 21, 2010

Spacco and Numbnuts


Wenlock and Mandeville, more like Spacco and Numbnuts. While the London 2012 Olympic committee and their hangers on are doubtless wetting them selves with self congratulation after the unveiling of the, frankly embarrassing, 2012 mascots the rest of the world is wetting itself laughing, and here and here and here.

I don't know why these events need a mascot but if we must have one couldn't we just wrap some tinsel round a goat, a lion or even a child like army regiments and football teams do?

I notice there is no Union Flag or Cross of St George on these masterpieces of the creative arts. Mustn't upset the immigrants or the religion of peace. Like the muslims would notice, they are too busy trying to track down and kill people who draw pictures they don't like.

Personally I would like to think that Spacco and Numbnuts are the result of an artist with a very, very wicked sense of humour. I know however that this is not the case and we are supposed to take these seriously. Just like we were supposed to take the 2012 logo seriously. Sorry but all I can see when I look at the logo is Lisa Simpson on her knees doing something very rude. At least Lisa seems to be indulging in a heterosexual activity. What are these two gay phallic characatures supposed to say about the UK?

My first reaction, on seeing the mascots, was "these remind me of something". What they remind me of is the Krotchy Doll from Postal 2.


Bring back World Cup Willie. Strong, determined and with a bloody great Union Flag on his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment